We think it’s really important for the Crohn’s community to be able to share their stories. Over 40 Crohn’s patients have done so in our Book forCrohns, and so that the community can live beyond the book, we invite you to share your stories with us on our website.
We also have stories on our website from some of the best Crohn’s bloggers on the web as well as volunteers from the forCrohns committee. It’s not just for the few and expert writers, it’s for everyone who wants to share their story, so if you fancy putting pen to paper – or fingers to keyboard/tablet – or even send us a short video blog, then take a look at the topics at the bottom of this page and send us an email saying which are of interest to you. What we really want to hear is your honest perspective on the topic, your experiences, your views and tips for others which convey a sense of hope to fellow sufferers.
Crohn’s Community Stories
- Coping with Crohn’s in the more remote parts of the world
- We made it to Macchu Picchu for Crohns!
- Preparations for Charity Trek to Machu Picchu with Crohns
- Fighting back after my miracle baby – Crohns blog – Having children when you have Crohn’s
- A life without pineapple – Crohn’s Blog – Diet & Nutrition
- Hope in the middle of Madagascar – Crohn’s Blog – Everyday Life
- Living with Crohn’s Disease, my invisible friend – Crohns Blog – Everyday life
- Having surgery is not the end, it’s a new beginning – Crohns Blog – Having Surgery
- A musician’s frank and candid experience on living with Crohn’s – Crohns Blog – Everyday life
- Work colleagues assumptions when you’ve got Crohn’s – Crohns Blog – Everyday life
- “You might need a stoma” then “Sorry…” – Crohns Blog – Learning to live with a stoma
- From diagnosis to everyday life with Crohn’s – Crohns Blog – Everyday life
- My experiences on various different Crohn’s drugs – Crohns blog – Medication & Drugs
- “You’ve got Crohn’s Disease” – Crohns Blog – Diagnosis
- When I first heard that I had Crohn’s Disease – Crohns Blog – Diagnosis
Book forCrohns features over 40 short Crohn’s Community Stories based on the topics below and will have great resonance with anyone who suffers from the condition and help educate those with relatives or friends with the condition. If you are interested in contributing a written or video story or blog on any of the following topics please send us an email saying which are of interest to you.
- Hearing the words You have Crohns / Symptoms & Diagnosis / Colonoscopy Experience
- Medical Treatment & Drugs
- Everyday life with Crohns – Home & Work
- Crohn’s Research and participating in research studies
- Having Surgery
- Living with a Stoma
- Diet & Nutrition
- Having relationships/children when you have Crohns
- Having a relative with Crohns
- Being a child or young adult with Crohns
- The psychological impact of Crohns
- Xmas with Crohns